"Atholl Palace is a wonderful place to visit. The staff are very helpful and polite, nothing is a problem! The food is amazing and the rooms are made up daily. This is great for either a weekend break or stay for a week. Great for couples or families. The spa is also brilliant and relaxing. Book now and stay, you won't be disappointed!"
Environmental and Social Responsibility
At the Atholl Palace Hotel we are set in 48 acres of lush woodland and parkland and we recognise our environmental responsibility and are committed to working towards a more sustainable future.
To do this we acknowledge that green sustainability is a journey and not a place and we are actively working towards the implementation of proactive measures to help to protect our local,national and global environment. We have outlined our plans to become an environmentally friendly hotel in our Green Policy.
We believe Andrew Heiton, the architect who designed the Atholl Palace in the 1870’s, had a vision of how the landscape would evolve around the hotel and our plan is to safeguard this flourishing countryside for generations to come.
Please take a look through our green section to give you an idea of how we are striving to achieve our goal and how you can help. We invite you to come and see the surrounding beauty for yourself.
The Green Vision at the Atholl Palace
To take responsibility for our impact on the environment
• Help to educate and train all staff in Green issues
• Engage and empower them to create change
• Plan well with achievable goals in environmental best practice
• Green team members should fully understand their responsibilities and commit to creating a more sustainable hotel
• Improve the financial results of the hotel without compromising on guest satisfaction.
To help the Atholl Palace become a more environmentally sustainable hotel we aim to focus on the following areas:
1. Our guests: Raising awareness and encouraging guests to participate in our green initiatives and actively promote green tourism
2. Green Team members: All team members will actively work to promote a greener awareness within their department and help to create a more sustainable hotel
3. Waste management: Aim to work towards zero landfill over the next few years by implementing recycling wherever possible
4. Energy Management: Striving to become a carbon neutral hotel
5. Supplier Screening: To support and use suppliers with good Environmental Policies
6. Green Tourism Business scheme: Being part of this initiative allows us to network with other businesses who take a proactive approach to sustainability
Regular reviews of the above areas will ensure that we have continued improvement of our environmental performance.